MINT TABBOULEH


I have so much mint on my garden at the moment which is fantastic as we use a lot of it, in teas, salads and dressings, but I have never used it in a Tabbouleh... I tried this at a girlfriends house and was amazing and has totally converted me.
Parsley is normally the main base and sometimes I find that a bit vanilla so of course to spice it up a bit why wouldn't you add some mint. In this recipe I actually added two sorts of mint, common and Vietnamese which has a very unusual flavour, quite hot and spicy with a lot of freshness. It is always my go to for all my salads as it gives them a bit of humph!

WHATS IN IT

1 bunch              Mint, Vietnamese mint & Parsley (chopped)
1 cup                  Burghul
1                         Lemon
1                         Red onion (chopped)
2 cups                 Cherry tomatoes (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
Drizzle of good quality Olive oil.

WHAT TO DO

Put Burghul into a large mixing bowl and add Juice of lemon and set aside while you prepare the rest.


Chop herbs, onion and tomatoes and add to burghul with a pinch of salt and 10 turns of pepper mill.


Mix together and drizzle with olive oil and more lemon juice if needed. Everything should come together but not to wet it needs to be slightly loose..

Serve with your favourite meats or veggies with some cucumber yoghurt..

  



Comments

Popular Posts