CURRY LEAF TREE

I love my Curry leaf tree, not only does it give me wonderful fragrant leaves for my curries it is easy to grow and propagate. It likes a tropical-subtropical climate and enjoys full sun to slight shade, its not fussy on where you grow it, even does well in pots.
I keep mine quite pruned as I use the leaves often and it is about 6ft but they can get huge (up to 20ft) so if you don't have the space probably best to keep them in a pot as they do self seed and sometimes sucker just keep the water up to them. I mostly use mine fresh but I also dry them outside on newspaper and put them in jars for gifts.

Curry leaf tree (Murraya koenigii)               
One of the most popular curries I make is a recipe by Christine Manfield called Andhra curry leaf chicken curry. I found it on the SBS site www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/andhra-curry-leaf-chicken) and it is simple and delicious. So go on get a curry india..:-)

Comments

Popular Posts